Organizing A Church Mission's Trip
1. Check in with Head Office. Too many teams going to the same place end up being more of a burden than a blessing to the host nation. Always check your proposed trip with VCOCI Head Office or your Missions Rep for coordination.
2. Select the team and team leader. A leader with maturity and missions experience can make all the difference. Team members also need to be spiritually prepared. You don’t want to have to spend valuable mission time ministering to your own team.
3. Set a budget and begin to raise funds. Every team member must be prepared to pay their own way or raise funds from family and friends. If the church does fund-raising it should go towards a Mission Project, not the costs of team travel.
4. Take the Victory Missions Course. The mandatory Victory Missions Course is available on DVD, online, and through live instructors. Wise leaders also put their team through a few team-building projects at home before departure. For the missions course visit: www.vbci.org
5. Travel arrangements. Appoint one person within the team to be the Coordinator. Funneling all the arrangements through one person avoids a lot of confusion and mix-ups!
6. Be a blessing! The team should not expect the host country to shoulder any of the costs of their trip. You are there to lift, encourage, and add value to everyone you meet. Leave them wishing the next team will come soon.
7. Bring home lots of memories! A short term mission can be one of the most life-changing experiences you will ever have. Leave a good deposit in the nation you visit, and God will make a good deposit in you!
MEXICO MISSIONS BASE
Under the leadership of Tom and Laurie Weppler (Swift Current Victory) the Victory House mission base in the Baja continues to be a vital launching pad for missions training and local outreaches of all kinds. It is a great place to bring a short term mission team from your church! And there is always lots to do for longer term missionaries too. On top of that we have two Victory churches in the area to work alongside as well as the Corazon de Angel Girls Rehab Centre. Next year plans are underway to open a Not For Sale safe house to help rescue young girls caught up in the sex trade.
VICTORY HOUSE BAJA,