“Be constantly renewed in the spirit of your mind (having a fresh mental and spiritual attitude).” Eph 4:22-24 Amp
Keeping the right heart attitude, will keep you moving in the right direction.
1. Attitude is an inward feeling expressed by behavior. A feeling or emotion towards a state or fact.
- The pouting lip of the sulker
- The jutted jaw of the determined
- The smirk of the rebel and the mocker
- The frown of the angry
- Glaring eyes of the insolent
- The smile and glow of the thankful
- The laughing eyes of the joyful
2. Attitudes are habits of thought. The process for developing good or bad habits is the same. We all enjoy the blessings of change, but what we don’t like is the process.
“If you abide (continue) in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free.” (John 8:31-32)
- Right thoughts
- Positive meditation
- Right decision
- Right action
- Continued action
- Right habits
- Good attitudes-good character traits-great future.
3. Attitudes become character traits and character traits will determine your future.
“For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.” (Rom 8:5-6)
When making a decision consult your spirit and not your flesh! That’s the difference between long term winners and long term losers!
4. If you have a bad attitude deal with it before it deals with you.
“Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows that will he also reap” (Gal 6:7)
I cannot control everybody’s actions, but I can control my attitude.
- Recognize and resist wrong thoughts (2 Cor 10:3-5)
- Repent of wrong thoughts before they become wrong actions (2 Cor 7:8-12)
- Refresh in God’s presence daily (Acts 3:19)
- Replace worldly thoughts with godly thoughts (Joshua 1:8)
- Renew your mind and have a fresh mental attitude. (Rom 12:2)
- Rejoice in the Lord always (Phil 4:4) don’t lose you joy, doing what Gods called you to do!
Say this out loud right now: “I have a great vision with great partners. My attitudes are getting better and more like Christ’s every day. It’s time for the fullness of God’s vision for me to come to pass!”
“Arise, Shine for your light has come and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you.” (Isaiah 60:1)
Let’s do it Big, Let’s do it Good, Let’s do it Together!
Dr George Hill