Phil 1:27 “Stand fast in one spirit, with one mind, striving together for the faith of the gospel.”
Unity attracts and releases God’s Anointing and Power. Division and strife repel it.
Gideon’s army had 300 fearless, prepared, and proven warriors all standing in their place - united in purpose, faith, and action. This small troop defeated an army of 135,000. God can still do more with less. God can still do more with 300 who will stand in their place, than He can with 32,000 attendees. And when Gideon’s 300 broke through, the whole nation benefitted.
but how many can you count on, that matters
We must have a united, focused, and passionate effort to fulfill our God-given objectives.
- To restore the church back to full strength, for an end time harvest of souls.
- To restore righteousness and change the spiritual climate over our Cities and Nations.
- To turn unbelievers from darkness to light, from the power of Satan unto God.
- To make Jesus Lord and King from sea to shining sea.
- To restore families, by turning of the hearts of fathers to their children and vice-versa.
- Unity of Purpose. We have a common God given purpose, bigger than any one of us.
- Unity in Diversity. Vision is a seeing word, passion is a feeling word. Even when we all see the same end result, we may feel differently about various aspects of it. For example, some have a passion for children, others for music, marriage, missions, or finances, etc.
- Unity under Attack. When all hell breaks loose - how do you react? In 1 Sam 13&14 King Saul’s Army had four different reactions to crisis:
- Hide in Caves. Vs 6
- Run away. Vs 7
- Join the enemy 1Sam 14:21
- Go out against the enemy, as Jonathan and his armor bearer. 1Sam 14:6-1
- Unity in Advancement. 1 Chron 12:38 “All of these men of war, who could keep ranks, came with a loyal heart, to make David king over all of Israel; and all the rest of Israel were of one mind to make David king.”
When we all put aside our differences and come together with one mind and a loyal heart, we become an unstoppable force! It’s time for us to put our gifts, talents, and passions into the mix for a commitment to Gospel teamwork.
Dr George Hill
Apostolic Founder and President of Victory Churches International