Turning Post Traumatic Stress Into Post Traumatic Blessing
Psalm 4:1 “Under pressure you have enlarged me.”
Adversity doesn’t automatically bring growth. Much of the outcome depends on how we respond to adversity. Joseph was betrayed by his family, falsely accused of rape, and unjustly imprisoned. Looking back, he said, “God intended it all for good.” - (Gen 50:20)
The key to post-traumatic growth lies in seeing God in all things, draw close to Him, and trust Him, even when you can’t understand the situation. It’s not right. It’s not fair. It’s unjust. But God, I trust you.
Charles Spurgeon once said, “God is too good to be unkind, He is too wise to be confused. And if I can’t always trace His hand, I can always trust His heart.” “Fear not for I am with you to strengthen and harden you to difficulties." (Is 41:10 AMP)
Sometimes things go wrong in order to make us more right! “There are many plans in a man’s heart, but it’s the purposes of God that will stand.” - (Prov 19:21)
We need to trust God, when He doesn’t do what we think He should do.
“We should not trust in ourselves but in God who raises the dead, who delivered us from so great a death, and does deliver us, in whom we trust that He will still deliver us.” - (2 Cor 1:9-10)
- Who delivered us. Past tense.
- And does deliver us. Present tense.
- Whom we trust that He will still deliver us. Future tense.
Your Covid19 Crisis is an opportunity to grow, to learn, to get closer to God, to invent something, to develop a new relationship, to better understand others and be in a position to help them.
- It was Paul’s imprisonment (social isolation) that gave him the opportunity to write almost half of the New Testament.
- It was the lion's den that made Daniel an overcomer and brought promotion.
- It was Job’s trials that made him a legend.
- It was David’s victory over Goliath that helped position him to become King of Israel.
- It was the fiery trials that burned off the bondages and brought promotion to the three Hebrew children.
Yours for Post Traumatic Growth and Blessing in 2021,
Dr. George Hill
President & Founder
Victory Churches International