Acts 26:19 “Therefore king Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision.”
The heavenly vision is to turn unbelievers from darkness to light and from the power of Satan unto God. The heavenly vision is what gives meaning, value, and purpose to earthly ambitions.
- Biblical hope is a confident expectation that God will do what He said He will do. (Heb 6:19) “This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast.”
- Biblical hope and vision for the future gives us power in the present. (Prov 29:18) “Where there is no vision the people perish [cast off restraint].”
David Livingstone was the great Scottish missionary to Africa. When he was a young boy, his mother held a missionary meeting in their house and a missionary called Richard Moffat came to speak. David was sitting under the piano listening, and he heard him say, “From where I stood, I could see the smoke of ten thousand villages that have never heard the name of Christ.” These words connected his heart to the heavenly vision that instant! As soon as he was old enough, he married and took ship to Africa. Over the years he travelled more than 11,000 miles on foot, donkey, and horseback, sharing the Gospel wherever he went. He endured much hardship, buried his wife and children with his own hands there, and finally died there in 1873 in an obscure little village in Zambia. He was found on his knees in a mud hut in a position of prayer, with his bible opened to Mathew 28:18-20 - the great Commission. The words, ‘I will be with you always unto the ends of the earth’ were underlined. Next to them he had written, “The words of a gentleman”. When his African friends found him, they knew his heart was in Africa, so they cut his heart out and buried it there. And they embalmed his body and sent it back to England. He was buried in Westminster Abby, in a place of honor.
To be effective your vision must:
- Be rooted and grounded in “the heavenly vision”. (Acts 26:19)
- Be conceivable –an idea that others can readily grasp and agree is worthwhile
- Be believable –a big, God-idea that with a little faith, just could happen!
- Be achievable - broken down into doable steps – an action plan with a start date
Do you have a vision that is conceivable, believable and achievable? If you do, go after it!!
Praying for a successful God ordained vision for 2023.
Dr. George Hill
President and Founder, Victory Churches International